You know what they say about riding a bike?

That you never really forget how, right? I went out for my first bike ride of the season earlier this week and I think they are right. You just get on and ride.

However, some things you do forget. Like wearing regular shorts, yeah, that is not a great idea. Like exactly how the gear shift works - I shifted into a higher gear attempting to go up the not so easy hill out of my neighborhood and had to get off and walk the bike.😦 There was no recovering from that. And to add insult to injury one of my neighbors and fellow book clubber witnessed it! Oh well.

I did manage to ride 10.63 miles on that outing and did not die - not even close to dying. And then it rained the next day and the next and then today I had other things to do. So my next ride - hopefully Sunday - will be pretty much like a first ride all over again. But I will be wearing proper attire and I will down shift before attempting the hill. And hopefully I will live to tell about it.

Here's a quote I found about biking that I think fits perfectly into my quest to find things to
do when I have nothing to do. As I find more things to do, as I keep moving, I'm discovering the joy of not working. Life is good.


As always, thanks for reading,

Until next time,


Comments

Popular Posts